Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Shampowder Review

I have been having such a good time reviewing all these fun products and expressing my opinion!  (Who me?  Express an opinion?)   Ü  Well, here comes another one!

I had the opportunity to review Shampowder!.  What is Shampowder, you ask?  Do you ever have one of those days where you barely have time to throw some clothes on, let alone wash and style your hair.  (I have those days fairly frequently!)  Shampowder is a product that you can apply to your hair to help hide the fact that your hair isn't fabulously fresh.


Here's what the website says:
"Shampowder is the original pigmented dry shampoo with an all-in-one applicator. Shampowder hair powder allows you to have freedom between washings and will revive, volumize and deodorize your hair. By absorbing the oils that weigh down unwashed hair - lifeless hair is transformed into full, more manageable hair while the pigmented powder blends seamlessly, disguising the fact that you skipped a washing. The lightly vanilla scented powder comes in THREE shades and blends beautifully into an array of brunette, red, blonde, black and grey hair colors. This is the first hair powder with an attached brush applicator, so it's not messy when applied. To apply, dab - dab - dab the specially designed all-in-one applicator brush to generously apply powder directly to your hairline and scalp. Shampowder is perfectly purse-sized for women on the go and the handy all-in-one applicator is compact enough to drop into your handbag or travel bag."

Shampowder has been featured on The Today Show, has been highlighted in Shape Magazine, Us Weekly, InTouch Weekly, OK Weekly, InStyle Beauty Germany, Family Circle, Good Housekeeping, Page Six (NY Post), Teen Magazine, The Knot Magazine, Pregnancy & Newborn and All You Magazine.  CSI Miami uses Shampowder to refresh hair between takes in the sweltering Miami sun. Daily Candy picked Shampowder to be on their, “Great Gifts Finds for 2008”. Women are quickly catching-on to the benefits of Shampowder."


Here's what I say:  When the package arrived, it had clear instructions on how to open the applicator, removed the seal and start to apply.  Sadly, I struggled with getting the seal off.  I was afraid to twist the applicator too hard and break it.  (Yes, I've broken things before!)  I finally got the seal off and started dabbing my unwashed hair.  I will say that I love the smell of this stuff!  It smells wonderful!  I wasn't sure how much to use, so the first time I used it, it only made a little difference.  Though, my hair still looked better.

The next time I used it, I used more and this time it did help my hair look much better.  Now, does it look like freshly washed hair?  No.  Does it look better after using it? Absolutely!  My hair didn't look as greasy, and it definitely had more volume after I applied it.  The thing that I really liked is, you couldn't see it in my hair.  It blended in perfectly.  Plus, there was no mess!  Easy application and no mess, a great combination!  So, would I buy this?  Yes, I think it's a great product to have on hand for "those" days!  Plus, it smells fantastic!

Nice job, Shampowder!  Thumbs up!

0 Responses to "Shampowder Review"

Post a Comment