Friday, November 12, 2010

About Me

So who's the crazy redhead behind this blog?  Hmmm, let's see.....

I'm a mom to two great kids!  My sweet daughter has type 1 diabetes and my amazing son has Sensory Processing Disorder.  Needless to say, we live an interesting life.  I have an amazing husband who not only puts up with the craziness around here, but actually enjoys it (most of the time)!

We are lucky to live in Sunshiney Arizona.  Yes, the summers are a tad hot, okay... really, really hot.... but we only deal with that for about 4 -5 months and the rest of the year is absolutely gorgeous!  We actually get to go trick-or-treating without coats each year.  No, we don't have snow for Christmas but we make up for it with Christmas lights!  The homes around here are very decked out!


I'm active in my kids' schools, our church, and our local community theatre.  I've had the opportunity to produce, direct, costume, music direct, and act in our productions.  I've made countless props and painted lots of set too. I sit on the community theatre committee and was the president for three years. Several years ago my friend talked me into auditioning for a play.  I'd never done anything like that before, but surprisingly I was cast in a great role, and things just kind of exploded from there!  It's been an amazing experience and I've had the opportunity to meet hundreds of wonderful people I otherwise wouldn't have crossed paths with.

I come from a big, happy family!  I'm the oldest of seven kids.  We're all grown now but still really enjoy being together.  I have lots and lots of nieces and nephews and love being around them.  They are all truly wonderful!  I'm lucky to have great in-laws too.  How many people get to say that?

I think I'm a bit of an adventurer.  I'm with Indiana Jones though, I really don't like snakes.... but I love to discover!  I love to travel, I love to discover little "out-of-the-way" places.  I'm always on the look-out for the "latest and greatest" and love to tell anyone who will listen about the things I discover.  I'm an avid reader, crafter, gardener, and shopper (notice, I said shopper, not spender... I love a good bargain!)  I'm like a child at Christmas time whenever I discover a new product, or a better way of doing something.  I can't wait to show everyone!

I love to sing (though I'm not sure if people like me to sing Ü ) , I love to play the piano, and I love to laugh!  So, is my life perfect.  No... whose is?  But... I'm perfectly happy with my life!

2 Responses to "About Me"

Hanna Says :
November 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Hi there! I am your newest follower. I found you on the Fence:) Lovely blog!! Your family is so cute You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Have a peek at my handmade giveaways if you stop by. I have 4 going and everything is gorgeous:)

Heather Says :
December 6, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Ok I finally popped on and I love your blog. It looks amazing chickie.
Muah.

Post a Comment