Friday, July 20, 2012
Enter Simply Potatoes! They take a lot of the work out, and leave you with yummy potatoes! I love Simply Pototoes because that's what they are... potatoes. Not instant, not fake, simply potatoes!
They have lots of different products like Southwest Style Hashbrowns, Sour Cream and Chives Mashed Potatoes, Diced Potatoes with Onion, Red Potato Wedges, and Macaroni and Cheese to name just a few.
We tried the Diced Potatoes with Onion. I had big plans to make potato salad, but when I opened the package to get started, my kids saw the potatoes and immediately wanted friend potatoes. So, I made Fried Potatoes.
I just dumped them into the fry pan, added a little oil, and voila!
It was so incredibly easy, and so incredibly delicious! We paired it with grilled chicken and corn on the cob! What a feast!
Simply Potatoes has some great recipes. Here's one I'm trying next:
Santa Fe Potato Salad
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
1. Combine Simply Potatoes and water in 4-quart microwave safe casserole dish. Cover; microwave on HIGH 10 to 12 minutes until potatoes are tender. Place Simply Potatoes in extra large bowl. Add corn, celery, carrots, red pepper, olives and tomatoes.
2. Meanwhile combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour over Simply Potatoes mixture. Stir gently. Refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
I really am excited about Simply Potatoes! I plan to have lots of different varieties in my freezer and fridge so I have them on hand to make lots of yummy things very quickly!
So is your mouth watering yet? Would you like to try Simply Potatoes? Well one of you lucky readers can! Woot! You can win a coupon to try Simply Potatoes for yourself!
Please leave me a comment telling me your favorite way to eat potatoes! Please include your email in the comment if it's not visible in your profile (jane smith at yahoo dot com)
Leave a separate comment for each extra entry:
Like Simply Potatoes on Facebook
Like Simply Potatoes on Twitter
Follow my blog publicly on GFC
Follow me on Twitter
"Like" me on Facebook
Contest ends Monday, July 30, 2012. One winner will be randomly chosen from all correct entries. Winner will be notified by email and have 72 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. This contest is open to residents of the US,
Disclosure: I was provided the product for the purpose of a review and giveaway. The opinions are all my own and free of charge!