Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life Lessons


Life definitely tilted this last week. Last Saturday my Dad was killed in a motorcycle accident. The next day, my daughter was admitted to the ICU in DKA ( a life-threatening illness related to her type 1 Diabetes). I spent the week camping out in ICU, and keeping in touch with my family through phone calls as they planned the funeral.

While it was an incredibly stressful and emotional week, I learned some important life lessons. I learned how vital family is. I absolutely would not have made it through without the loving support of my family. I learned that love is eternal, and can be felt just as strong even when your loved one has returned home. I learned that friends are your strength and your joy in life. Their love, prayers, and encouragement were like rays of sunshine during a stormy week. I learned to not sweat the small stuff, because most of it is just small stuff. And most importantly, I learned how incredibly blessed I am because I have family, love, faith, and friends in abundance in my life!