Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Normal

Life is settling back to normal after a tumultuous couple of weeks. But it doesn't feel quite "normal". I'm calling it the new normal. The new normal consists of worrying a bit more about my daughter's diabetes cuz we got a glimpse of what the future may entail with her disease. It consists of not being able to call my Dad when I need advice on anything mechanical, technical, or just because I need my Dad. The new normal involves getting teary-eyed at little things that remind me of Dad... like Dr. Pepper and school buses. It consists of a "refined" outlook on life. I feel like my priorities are where they should be, but I've refined them. For example, I've always known how important family is, but now I know that they're essential. That it's the every day, day in, day out moments in life that define who we are... and the things we miss the most when a loved one is gone. The new normal is filled with the love of dear friends. It was always there, I just recognize it more now.

So I guess I'll settle in to this new normal... until something happens to once again, redefine what "normal" is.

1 Response to "New Normal"

Tammy Says :
August 5, 2010 at 7:57 AM

It's amazing how quickly "normal" becomes something new in this life. Good luck with your new normal. You and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment