Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sleeper's Run

If you know me, you know I'm an avid reader!  I almost always have a book (or two) started.  It makes me crazy when life gets in the way of reading.  Darn you, laundry!

I was offered a chance to read and review a book, Sleeper's Run, by Henry Mosquera.  The book was right up my alley!  I love a good suspense, thriller, mystery book!

From the website www.sleepers-run.com :

War on Terror veteran, Eric Caine, is found wandering the streets of Miami with no memory of the car accident that left him there. Alone and suffering from PTSD, Eric is on a one-way road to self-destruction. Then a chance meeting at a bar begins a series of events that helps Eric start anew. When his new job relocates him to Venezuela–the land of his childhood–things, however, take an ominous turn as a catastrophic event threatens the stability of the country. Now Eric must escape an elite team of CIA assassins as he tries to uncover an international conspiracy in which nothing is what it seems.

This book started out at a fast-pace.  I immediately started to like Eric Caine, and his flaws.  I enjoyed the story-line and really liked all the twists and turns.  It drives me crazy when I can figure out everything in just a few pages.  This one kept me surprised for the most part.  I enjoyed the ending that left me hoping to hear more about Eric Caine and of course, Trishna.

What I didn't like was the language and the violence.  I feel you can tell a story with out giving me all the gory details.  The fight scenes were very detailed and sometimes a little too much for me.

So I guess final opinion is, good job by first-time author Henry Mosque.  Now, how about writing a sequel with a little less foul language.  My poor eyes were burning!

Disclosure:  I received this book for the purpose of a review.  The opinions are all my own and free of charge!

0 Responses to "Sleeper's Run"

Post a Comment