Friday, May 30, 2014

Magnificent Maleficent

Sleeping Beauty was/is one of my favorite Disney Princesses.  Maleficent is the Disney villain that scared the bejeebies out of me as a child.  Heck, she dressed in black, had a scary crow and could turn into a dragon... who wouldn't be scared!  So, when I heard Disney was coming out with the movie Maleficent, I was excited and yes, a little nervous to see it.  Okay, mostly excited!

What is Maleficent about?  From Disney:

"Maleficent" explores the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the classic “Sleeping Beauty" and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone. Driven by revenge and a fierce desire to protect the moors over which she presides, Maleficent cruelly places an irrevocable curse upon the human king’s newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Aurora is caught in the middle of the seething conflict between the forest kingdom she has grown to love and the human kingdom that holds her legacy. Maleficent realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in the land and is forced to take drastic actions that will change both worlds forever.

:

So, the day arrived for me to see this movie!  I actually did a bit of a happy dance when I arrived!  My daughter and I got our cool Maleficent horns, some yummy movie snacks and then settled in ready to be dazzled and amazed.  And yes, we were dazzled and amazed!
 

I loved this movie from the opening scene, all the way to the end!  I was so intrigued by Maleficent as a child, then when she was betrayed.... oh my gosh!  I can't tell you much without spoiling the movie, and you all deserve to be just as delighted with all the twists and turns as I was!  The movie is visually stunning, Angelina Jolie was amazing, and now I want my own crow!

Maleficent opens Nationwide today, May 30th.  My daughter saw the movie with me, and then again at a midnight screening.  Yes, she loved it that much!  So does her momma!  Go see it, I think you'll love it!

Disclosure: I had the opportunity to see this movie for the purpose of a review.  The opinions are all my own and free of charge!

0 Responses to "Magnificent Maleficent"

Post a Comment