Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lions, and Whoppers and Trials, Oh My!

I am thrilled to announce that I have the opportunity to play the Cowardly Lion in our Community Theatre's production of "The Wizard of Oz"! Yes, we are having a girl lion, and yes, I can roar with the best of them! We had our first rehearsal last night and it was tons of fun! We did a read-through to get a feel for the script and we were already laughing upROARiously just from the read-through. (I can't help myself, there will be lots of lion puns for the next month or so!)

I have also discovered a life-saver in my quest onward and downward. Burger King has a Smoky Cheddar Steakhouse Burger that is really quite good! I take the bun off, (full of nasty carbs) and I'm in Burger heaven! Not many fast food burgers can stand on their own without the warm embrace of the bun, but this big guy can! Here's the good news, I am now 70 lbs thinner. Woo hoo! Doing the happy dance! Hakuna Matata! (Oh wait, that's another lion story... sorry!)

Now for the trials... it has been a rough couple of weeks for the Nielson clan. We've made a decision after much praying to follow a new path the Lord wants us on. Of course, once we started down this path we have been absolutely bombarded with trials and tribulations (I like the word, "tribulations". Don't like going through them, but they do have a great name! Ü) These tribulations have given me a heavy heart and have driven me to my knees. I guess, right where I should be. I am truly grateful for the Lord's hand in my life and truly grateful for the knowledge that He is always there for me. All I have to do is ask. I have much to be thankful for, and these bumps in the road are just that.... bumps, not obstacles, not barriers. Now, I just have to remember that, when I'm in the day-to-day trenches dealing with these trials and tribulations. Thank goodness for a great family, great friends, and the knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father!

Well, it's off to bed since I have to be up in 5 hours. I ain't "lion"... get it? Get it? Okay, it's a stretch, I know.

1 Response to "Lions, and Whoppers and Trials, Oh My!"

Post a Comment