Friday, August 9, 2013

Big Props to Planes!

It is so refreshing to see life through the eyes of a child!  I had such an opportunity when I took my son to see the new Disney movie Planes.

Disney’s Planes” is about  Dusty (voice of Dane Cook), a plane with dreams of competing as a high-flying air racer. But Dusty’s not exactly built for racing—and he happens to be afraid of heights. So he turns to a seasoned naval aviator who helps Dusty qualify to take on the defending champ of the race circuit. Dusty’s courage is put to the ultimate test as he aims to reach heights he never dreamed possible, giving a spellbound world the inspiration to soar.



To say he was excited is an understatement. I had to smile as all the way there he speculated on what kinds of planes would be in the movie, in fact it was a running commentary the whole way there!

He was fairly dancing by the time we walked into the theater, and he actually did a fist pump and an "Oh Yeah!" when they handed him 3D glasses!

He was mesmerized through the entire movie!  The race scenes had him bouncing in his seat and pretending to radio instructions to all the planes.  I had so much fun watching this movie with my son!  Then all the way home we had to relive the whole movie with commentary on the choices, both good and bad that the planes made.

What did I think of Planes?  I thought it was a cute movie.  I enjoyed the "under-dog does good" story line.  I loved the animation and the 3D!  In fact, the loop-de-loops the planes did, well... they made me motion sick!  I had fun figuring out who did the voices for the characters... loved Brad Garret as Chug!

Is it my favorite Disney movie?  No.  Is it my son's favorite movie?  Oh, yes!  Is it a fun movie to take your kids to and have some fun yourself?  Absolutely! 

Disclosure: I has given the opportunity to see the movie for the purpose of a review.  The opinions are all my own and free of charge!

0 Responses to "Big Props to Planes!"

Post a Comment