Wednesday, July 31, 2013

So Green! So Good!

The older I get the greener I get.  I've always loved this beautiful earth and have tried to take care of it, but there was  more I could have done.  Now that I have amazing children, I want them to be able to experience the same beauty that I've loved.  This has made me much more cognizant of what part I can play.

Let me introduce you to TerraCycle, a company that collects difficult-to-recycle packaging and products and repurposes the material into affordable, innovative products.  These products are all-natural, affordable, recycled, and made here in the USA.  I love that!

So, let me tell you about some of their products that I have tried:

First, I got a very cool watering can!  It works great, and looks totally cool!  So cool, in fact, that my kids actually discuss (fight over) who gets to do the watering!  I got a great planter that is now on my front porch with cute little flowers in it.  It has held up very well to our brutal summer heat and looks great!  The best part for me is it looks like terra cotta, but it's plastic so my son can't break it!  I also am now the proud owner of a Terra Stone Plant caddy!  This baby can hold up to 200 lbs!  When I first got it, my son said, "Wow!  Cool square skateboard!"  No son, sorry... it's all mine!  All of these great products retail for under $16.99.

Speaking of brutal summer heat... well it bakes our ground to a concrete-like consistency.  It's hard to get anything to grow and thrive during the summer (unless you're into growing a crop of tumbleweeds, those do great!)  I have some hearts and flowers in my front planter that are not feeling so well in this heat.  Well, I've been applying TerraCycle's Granular Plant Food and they are looking so much better.  I think the secret is the worm poop that it contains. (I never thought I'd blog about worm poop!)  The poor little wormies that live here in Arizona don't last too long so I think there's not a lot of worm poop in our soil.  Now I can add worm poop into my soil and feed my plants! (Look, I got to say worm poop four times, oops, now five!)  The other thing I love is that TerraCycle Plant Food only needs to be applied every 8 - 10 weeks!

So, now I feel like not only are these great products working for me, but by using them I'm giving a little bit back.  Thanks so much TerraCycle!

Disclosure:  I received these products for the purpose of a review.  The opinions are all mine and free of charge!

0 Responses to "So Green! So Good!"

Post a Comment