Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Still searching for a few stocking stuffers or just need a little sweet to get you through the last push to the finish line? Well, let me tell you about Mike and Ike Candies! Most of us have heard and hopefully tasted Mike and Ikes! They are delicious! Well, right now they have some seasonal varieties!
They have a Merry Mix that is green and red colored, perfect for those holiday parties. The flavors are Cherry, Lime, and Holiday Punch. I particularly liked the Holiday Punch flavor. Is it rude to pick out all the dark green ones?
How about Mike and Ike Minion Mix? There are three different box designs all featuring those cute minions. The flavors are banana and blueberry. My son liked blueberry the best, I went bananas for banana!
Is spicy more your thing? Then how about Ho Ho Ho Hot Tamales! a 5 oz box of sizzling sweetness!
Want to do some holiday baking? Well, add in some Mike and Ike for a new twist! How about some Mike and Ike Crispy Rice Cereal Treats? Here's the recipe:
MIKE AND IKE® Crispy Rice Cereal TreatsServings: 8
· 1 ½ cups (13 oz) MIKE AND IKE® Original Candies, coarsely chopped*
· 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz, 42g) margarine
· 10 oz (280 g) marshmallows
· 1/2 cup (1.7 oz, 48 g) marshmallow fluff
· 6 cups (5.7 oz, 160g) crisp rice cereal
*The best way to chop it is with a lightly oiled knife.
1. Grease a 9 X 13 pan and set aside.
2. Combine the marshmallows and margarine in a large microwave safe bowl.
3. Place the cereal and candy in another bowl and toss well to combine. Set aside.
4. Microwave the marshmallows and margarine for one minute.
5. Remove from the microwave and stir to combine. If the marshmallows are not fully melted return to the microwave and cook for 30 seconds at a time until they are fully melted.
6. Stir in the fluff and mix well. Add the candy and cereal mixture and stir until combined.Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan. Let cool, then cut into squares.
Sounds delicious, right!
How would one of you lucky readers like to win some Mike and Ike candy of your own? Sweet! Just enter on the form below!
Thanks Mike and Ike for all this holiday sweetness!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received these products for the purpose of a review. The opinions are all my own and free of charge!