Monday, October 25, 2010

Duncan Hines Decadent Cake Mixes and Glazes - mmmmm!

Decadent doesn't begin to describe these!  I am officially in love with Duncan Hines, I admit it freely!

I had the wonderful opportunity to review Duncan Hines new line of Decadent Cake Mixes and Glazes.  I got to try the Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake Mix (are you drooling yet?), the Apple Caramel Decadent Cake Mix (yes, it is as good as it sounds), and both glazes, Chocolate and Vanilla.

We opened the box and right away my daughter begged to make the cake.  She is actually turning into a wonderful cook, so I let her help.  We started with the Triple Chocolate Cake Mix (of course!).


Ha-ha!  You didn't think I'd post this on here, did you?  My sweet daughter doing a little Vanna White impression!



This cake mix is incredible!  I was in chocolate heaven!  I can honestly say this is better than any cake mix I've used before.  It really is decadent.  There are real chocolate chunks and rich fudge in a separate pouch that you mix into the cake mix.  (Okay, now I know you're drooling!)  After it came out of the oven, we drizzled the chocolate glaze over the top of the cake.  The glazes are really easy to use.  You pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds, shake it to mix it up, then pour over your creation!  Speaking of which.... here's ours:



Here were some of the family's reactions:  My hubby said:  "Honey, I love you!" (said with his mouth full of chocolatey goodness).  My son:  "Mom, can I have some more?  This is great!"  My daughter gave me two thumbs up since she couldn't talk with her mouth full!

A few days later I made the Apple Caramel Decadent Cake.  While it's not chocolate, this thing is delicious!  I loved that there were delicious pockets of apples and caramel.  So good!  I'm sorry there's not a picture of this one, but it disappeared too quickly!  My son didn't even wait for the glaze.  He was snitching it before it was even out of the pan!  Our home smelled amazing while it was cooking!  Helpful hint:  If you're selling your home, bake the Apple Caramel Decadent Cake right before someone comes to see it.  The smell is incredible!

I love these new mixes and glazes!  They will definitely be my "go-to" mixes now!  Way to go Duncan Hines!  Now excuse me while I have another piece of cake!

Disclosure:  I was provided with the above products for the purpose of a review.  The opinions are all my own, and free of charge!

1 Response to "Duncan Hines Decadent Cake Mixes and Glazes - mmmmm!"

~Mo~ Says :
October 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I've given you some awards, you can go here to claim them: http://tifanis-mom.blogspot.com/2010/10/yeah-another-award.html

Post a Comment