Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ortholite - Oh so comfy!

Like many of you, I renewed my commitment to eat healthier and exercise this New Year... oh yea, and lose weight, definitely lose weight!  I pulled out my sneakers and have been walking much more.  Though, my feet would always be sore afterwards.  I thought my shoes must be wearing out.  Enter Ortholite!

I was generously given a pair of Ortholite Insoles to review.  So I followed the instructions and pulled out my old insoles on my tennis shoes, used them as a template to cut down the new Ortholite Insoles (very easy to do, by the way... I used my kitchen shears) and placed them inside my shoes.

My shoes immediately felt better!  More cushiony (is that a word?)  Now for the real test... out to exercise.  I could immediately tell a difference.  My feet felt supported while I walked.  When I was done I noticed that my feet didn't ache... wahoo!  They also seemed to be drier when I was finished.  Ortholite also states that it helps with odor control, but I haven't noticed my shoes being particularly stinky.  Maybe I just haven't noticed... I'll have to check with my hubby!  Maybe he's secretly rejoicing that I'm using the Ortholite insoles!

Here's what Ortholite says:
  • Breathable for a cooler foot – OrthoLite insoles are made with open-cell foam, allowing air to circulate around the foot, keeping your foot cooler inside the shoe.
  • Moisture management – The unique open cell structure of OrthoLite also creates a moisture management system inside the shoe by moving moisture away from the foot leaving foot drier. When the foot is removed from the shoe any remaining moisture dries very quickly due to the airflow allowed by the open cell network in the foam.
  • Long term cushioning – Our unique spring-back technology means your insole will retain over 95% of its thickness over time and won’t flatten out.
  • Anti-microbial agents – OrthoLite contains a patented anti-microbial formulation to fight fungus, bacteria, and odor in the shoe. The EPA/FDA approved anti-microbial is added during formulation so that it is linked to the foam and will not wear off over time.
  • Lightweight – OrthoLite is extremely lightweight providing optimum performance without adding weight to the shoe.
  • Recycled rubber content – OrthoLite foam contains recycled rubber powder which allows everyone to do their share in helping our environment.
  • Washable – Just throw your dirty insoles in your washing machine and they come out like new.
  • Level Field Fund – We actively support our U.S. athletes. Please click here to learn more about the Level Field Fund.
  • OrthoLite supports the sports – We are also the only insole sponsor of the American Trail Running Association.
  • Comfort guarantee – OrthoLite prides itself on comfort. If you don’t notice an immediate difference between your new OrthoLite insole and the one you replaced, you will receive a full refund.
You may not have heard of Ortholite, but every year they are placed in over 100 million pairs of athletic and outdoor shoes.  Brands like Nike, Avia, New Balance, Adidas, Vans, Rockport,Ryka... to name just a few!

To sum up, I love my Ortholites!  My daughter tried to snag them for herself, but (hee-hee-hee) they are trimmed to fit my shoes!  I guess it's time to be a good mom and get her a set!  Thanks, Ortholite!

Disclosure:  I received a pair of Ortholite Insoles for the purpose of a review.  The opinions are all my own and free of charge!


0 Responses to "Ortholite - Oh so comfy!"

Post a Comment