Friday, May 20, 2011

Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides!

I've noticed that usually sequels aren't quite as good as the original.  That is completely not the case with Pirates of the Caribbean:  On Stranger Tides!





"Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Rob Marshall, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” captures the fun, adventure and humor that ignited the hit franchise—this time in Disney Digital 3D™. Johnny Depp returns to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow in an action-packed adventure. Crossing paths with the enigmatic Angelica (Penélope Cruz), he’s not sure if it’s love—or if she’s a ruthless con artist who’s using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the “Queen Anne’s Revenge,” the ship of the legendary pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn’t know whom to fear more: Blackbeard or Angelica, with whom he shares a mysterious past. The international cast includes franchise vets Geoffrey Rush as the vengeful Captain Hector Barbossa and Kevin R. McNally as Captain Jack’s longtime comrade Joshamee Gibbs, plus Sam Claflin as a stalwart missionary and Astrid Bergès-Frisbey as a mysterious mermaid."

I loved this movie!  My hubby and I were graciously invited to attend a preview of "On Stranger Tides".  We had such a fun evening!  We felt like honored guests!  We saw the movie in Disney Digital 3D.  I haven't been a fan of 3D in the past, but this is so different from anything I've experienced before!  The images were so clear, I felt like I was in the jungle with Captain Jack!  The 3D effects were phenomenal!  

The movie is about 2  1/2 hours long, but I had no idea that much time had passed.  I was entertained the whole time!  The movie hooked me from the beginning!  I want to keep telling you about parts of the movie, but I don't want to spoil any of it for you!  I will drop a hint that, the mermaids in this movie are not of the "Little Mermaid" persuasion.  I wouldn't want to meet one while swimming in the ocean!


 
I definitely recommend this movie!  I think it equals the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie and I enjoyed the 3D effect!  Go see it, you'll be swept away in the story!

Want more info?  Check out Pirates of the Caribbean on Facebook!

Disclosure:  We were offered the amazing opportunity to preview this movie!  The opinions are all my own and free of charge!

0 Responses to "Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides!"

Post a Comment