Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Here are a couple amazing recipes from their website:
Chicken Pasta Alfredo
4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 can (12.5 ounces)* Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 of a 1-pound package fettuccine, cooked and drained (about 4 1/2 cups)
- Heat the cream cheese and milk in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, peas and fettuccine to the skillet and toss to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve immediately.
Or how about this one (my husband went nuts for this, as did my son!):
Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup any flavor Frank's® RedHot® Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans (12.5 ounces) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
Assorted fresh vegetables and Pepperidge Farm® crackers
- Stir the cream cheese in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with a fork or whisk until it's smooth. Stir in the dressing, hot sauce and blue cheese. Stir in the chicken.
- Bake at 350°F. for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the chicken mixture before serving. Serve with the vegetables and crackers for dipping.
- To make in the microwave: Use a microwavable 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Prepare the dip as directed above but do not bake. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 5 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot, stirring halfway through the cook time.
Now, here's the really cool thing... Two of you cool readers have the opportunity to win three full value coupons for Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken so you can try it yourself! Woo hoo!
Leave a comment here with a way you might use Swanson Chicken. How easy is that? Please make sure your email is visible in your profile or leave it in your comment (jane doe at gmail dot com)
Leave a separate comment for each extra entry
Become a follower of my blog
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on facebook
Contest ends on Wednesday, November 24th, 2010. The winners will be picked randomly from all correct entries and notified by email. The winners must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen. Contest is open to residents of the US, 18 years old and over.Winners will be notified by email and the prize will be shipped directly from the sponsor.
Contest is now closed and the winners have been notified! Thanks to all who entered!
Disclosure: I was generously offered this product for the purpose of a review and giveaway. The opinions are all my own and free of charge!