Thursday, December 8, 2011

Let's Zumba!

I have friends that Zumba!  I have friends that teach Zumba.  Have I ever Zumba-ed?  No way!  That would include shaking my bootie in public, and I don't think people would recover from that!


Now I have the perfect solution for me!  I can Zumba in my own home!  How cool is that?!

Let me introduce you to Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii.  There are different dance instructors that teach you the dance moves, and then lead you through the dances.  It's like one big party, but you sweat alot!  There is a belt included that you put theWii remote in and then attach it to your waist.  Now you have hands free to Zumba!


Some of the features that I loved are:


I love the progress tracker.  I can track my improvement, my weight, calories burned, and several other things. 

There are 32 new routines and dance tracks with 24 different dance styles across routines, from fan favorites like Merengue, Samba and Cumbia to new additions like Axe, Bollywood, Latin Pop, Ragga and Pasodoble. There's something for everyone!

I love that the routines are rated low, medium, or high intensity... so you know what you're getting into!

There are four different game modes:


      Single Song:  Dance a single routine of your choice. The new song preview feature gives you a feel for a track before you dive in and lose yourself in the music.


      Full Class:  A work-out block of routines in 20, 45 or 60 minute formats. You can now create your own custom routines by saving a playlist of your favorite songs.


      Multiplayer: Up to 4 players can join the party in your living room with cooperative gameplay.  (I love this!  It means my daughter and I can do this together!)


      Learn the Steps: Revamped tutorial mode lets you learn at your own pace by breaking down the core dance styles into the basics.  (Especially important for this newbie!)

I had a ball doing Zumba!  Though the first low intensity routine definitely had me breathing heavy. I didn't seem to mind though, because I was having so much fun!  And no one was permanently scarred by watching me shake my hips!  Okay, okay, my daughter did dissolve into hysterics at one point!


I've taken my pre-Zumba pictures and after about a month of Zumba Fitness 2, I will take some more pictures so you can track my progess and I can be accountable for sticking to an exercise routine (even a fun one like Zumba Fitness 2)!  I'll post the first series in about one month.

I highly recommend Zumba Fitness 2!  It is so much fun you almost forget you're working out! 


Disclosure:  I was offered this product for the purpose of a review.  The opinions expressed are all my own and free of charge!

1 Response to "Let's Zumba!"

The Naked Mother Says :
December 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I love to Zumba- and I love shaking my large backside in public. I'm kind of a freak in that manner. This looks like so much fun! If only I had a wii...

Post a Comment