Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Despicable Me 2 - Twice the Fun!

I loved, loved, loved Despicable Me!  I want my own minion army.... but that's a whole other post. Ü

So, when I had the amazing opportunity to see Despicable Me 2, it was with great excitement and a little trepidation.  Excitement because I was very much looking forward to more minions, and trepidation because not all sequels are as good as the first.

Well, in my humble opinion, Despicable Me 2 is better than the first.  I think I laughed the whole time... I mean belly-jiggling, tears streaming guffaws!  It is really funny!

All my favorite characters were back in full force, plus some new ones that I love!  Gru the (Former?) super villain is hilarious as ever and actually has a partner this time.  I loved the sub-plot of Gru struggling with his oldest daughter's first crush (yes, the freeze gun comes into play!  I'd like one of those myself, what a weapon against raging teenage hormones!)

I felt like the minions stole the show in Despicable Me 2.  The have a much more integral part of the plot.  Their laugh is contagious and I still giggle every time someone says Mr. Ramsbottom.

I loved the whole movie but the ending scene had me crying I was laughing so hard!  The younger set liked it but those of us who are a bit older found it hilarious!  I won't spoil it for you, but I'm sure you'll love it too!

I'm definitely going to see it again, and own it when it comes out on Gru-Ray! 

Disclosure:  I was offered the opportunity to see this film for the purpose of a review.  The opinions are all my own and free of charge!

0 Responses to "Despicable Me 2 - Twice the Fun!"

Post a Comment