Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Family - In All It's Forms

As most of you know, my children are adopted.  When they were very little a friend told me, "I know you think you love your children, but you can't really know what love is because you didn't give birth to them."  At first I was pretty miffed, but then I came to realize, she just doesn't understand love.

I loved my children from the moment they were placed in my arms with a fierceness that was almost over-whelming.  I would do anything for them, making sure my arms and our home will always be a safe haven from life's storms. 

That's the thing about love, and families.  It has nothing to do with DNA or genetics.... it's about who you share your heart with, who you serve with unconditional acceptance.  I love my children and my husband more than life itself, not because we share genes, but because we choose to go through life together, through all the ups and downs, the storms and the rainbows.  I am their safe haven, and they are mine.

I had the opportunity to view a trailer for the upcoming movie, Delivery Man.  In the movie, Vince Vaughn plays an affable underachiever looking for his purpose in life, when he finds out he’s fathered 533 children through anonymous donations to a fertility clinic 20 years ago. Now he must decide whether or not to come forward when 142 of them want to meet their biological father. 

When I read the description about the film, I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to see it.  Then I watched the trailer.  I loved it!  I watched him learn what being a father is about, in a very humorous way!  It's about family, however unconventional it may be.  I for one, look forward to seeing this film!  I love funny, heart-warming films and this looks right up my alley!

Check out the trailer and see what you think:




 

 


Delivery Man comes out in theaters November 22nd.  Maybe I'll see you there!

0 Responses to "Family - In All It's Forms"

Post a Comment