Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hi Ho Silver, Away!

I have had a crush on the Lone Ranger ever since I was a little girl!  Yes, I even had my own Lone Ranger mask.  So, to say I've been excited to see the new movie, The Lone Ranger.... well, that's an understatement.  I've been bouncing up and down in anticipation!

I was smart and brought my husband to the premier so I wouldn't fall into a Armie Hammer/Johnny Depp drool-infused stupor.  So let's just put it out there, Armie Hammer is one handsome guy and looks really great in his white hat and mask, and I am a fan of Johnny Depp and he didn't disappoint me in this movie.

So, did I like the Lone Ranger movie?  Overall, a resounding yes!  I loved the camaraderie between The Lone Ranger and Tonto.  I liked that Tonto was so much more than a side-kick, he was the smart one in this film.  I really loved the action sequences!  The final big showdown had me bouncing up and down in my seat loving the action while I hummed along to the William Tell Overture!

What didn't I like?  I thought the cannibalistic part of the villain was a bit too much.  Very gross!  He was a scary guy without that, I don't know why that part was added.  I also thought it was a little long.  It started great and ended great, but dragged a bit in the middle.

Overall, I really enjoyed the Lone Ranger movie!  It kept me interested and in parts I was swept up in the moment.  And yes, I've been humming the William Tell Overture a lot lately!  And yes... my kids may be getting a little tired of me saying, "Hi Ho Silver, Away!" every time I start car.  Personally, I think I'm hilarious!

Disclosure:  I had the opportunity to see this movie for the purpose of a review.  The opinions are all my own and free of charge!

0 Responses to "Hi Ho Silver, Away!"

Post a Comment