Saturday, November 3, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph - It's a Smash Hit!

Wowza!  Yes, I said it.... Wowza!  We had the opportunity to see Wreck-It Ralph and it was a smash hit with our family!  My husband loved the "gamers" humor, my daughter thought it was funny, I loved the 3-D and the love-story (yes, there's a bit of romance in there) and my son... well, my son is still talking about the show!

So, what is Wreck-It Ralph about? 

From Disney:

For decades, Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) has been overshadowed by Fix-It Felix, Jr. (voice of Jack McBrayer), the good-guy star of their game who always gets to save the day. Tired of playing the role of a bad guy, Ralph takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a journey across the arcade through multiple generations of video games to prove he’s got what it takes to be a hero.
 
On his quest, Ralph meets tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Jane Lynch) from the first-person action game Hero’s Duty, and feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) from the candy-coated cart-racing game Sugar Rush, who may just be his first real friend. But everything changes when a deadly enemy is unleashed, threatening the entire arcade and Vanellope herself. Ralph finally gets his chance to save the day—but can he do it in time? “Wreck-It Ralph” crashes onto the big screen on November 2, 2012, in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.


This show was incredibly well done!  I loved how the different game characters were animated like their games.  The newer "Hi-Def" game characters, were more... well Hi-Def.  The story was so much fun and had some unexpected twists and turns!  I loved that our whole family enjoyed the show from the opening credits to the closing credits!

I love that as soon as the arcade closes, all the different game characters can visit each other at Game Central Station (yes, it reminds you of Grand Central Station).  I loved seeing characters from when I was a child, to ones that my kids recognize, plus some new ones!

Here's a little clip to give you an idea of how great this movie is:

Our whole family gives Wreck-It Ralph a enthusiastic thumbs up!  We want to go see it again!  It opens in theaters November 2, 2012.

0 Responses to "Wreck-It Ralph - It's a Smash Hit!"

Post a Comment